Troyes and Aube, knitted fashions
Combining tradition with innovation, the textile sector in Aube has succeeded in making the most of the trend towards globalisation. It has put together an extended range of activities, from producing fashion clothing to developing flexible materials for high-added-value products.
- Historical expertise in textiles
- Activity based essentially on knitwear
- The sector contains all the activities required to manufacture finished turnkey products, including many different skills: design, dyeing and fabric finishing, fabric lamination, knitting, assembly, decoration, hosiery etc.
- Significant potential for skills and qualified labour
- Innovation at the heart of the sector
Aube has made a speciality of so-called "technical" textiles:
- Functional materials designed to meet standards, safety requirements and characteristics specific to each sector. The textiles' properties of stretchability, strength and adaptability make them a sought-after solution
- Applications as wide-ranging as the variety of materials and processes used: aircraft seats (TF Création); clothing for motor racing (Bugis) and cycling (Textile Lafitte); sports equipment including sports socks (Tismail, Ventura Socks); medical items: lower back supports (Max Lorne), comfortable prosthesis interfaces (Daw), diabetic protective socks (Podosolution) and acoustic correction (Panabac)
The IFTH technology resource centre is located close to the businesses that use its services, which provides a benefit in terms of responsiveness, service and innovation.
- Highly secure transport and logistics services
Companies can rely on local transport and logistics professionals who are experienced in dealing with sensitive goods such as branded textiles and Champagne for their sourcing and their global distribution logistics.
Devanlay-Lacoste, Petit Bateau, Zannier and Eurodif have all set up logistics platforms in Aube.
Troyes, the European capital of factory shops and trade stores
- Five centres of factory shops and trade stores (Marques City, Marques Avenue textiles, Marques Avenue household goods, McArthur Glen, Village de Marques) and an Oxylane village
- Bargains all year round, with discounts of at least 30%
- A varied range: men's, women's and children's ready-to-wear, sportswear, leather goods, home decoration and tableware, Champagne, chocolate, jewellery etc.
- A commercial policy focusing on quality and high-end goods: Cerruti, Kenzo, Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, JB Martin, Lancel, Guy Degrenne etc.
- Many services for customers: restaurants, crèches, shuttle buses etc.